Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Blog#12 Thanksgiving Week/Weekend !

My Cousin and I(: At Buffalo Wild Wings Restaurant.
Thanksgiving week and weekend was one of the best weeks of November by far.  On Wednesday my favorite friend came to visit from riverside. I went out with her and a few of our friends for dinner to Buffalo Wild Wings in Burbank, and had dinner. After dinner we were on our way Yogurtland when I bumped into a homeless man. It was very cold outside. I had taken my food that I hadn’t eaten at Buffalo Wild Wings to go.  I decide to give it to the homeless man. His face was so priceless seeing how happy I had made the man feel. He told me, “thank you miss, I haven’t ate all day.” I replied, “Your welcome, and have a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.” Hearing him “say god bless you one,” made my night happier. I love seeing people smile. Especially if it’s for a good cause. I ended my night before thanksgiving very grateful. 


  


Thanksgiving morning was the next day. My family has a tradition of playing football in the morning, while the moms cook the thanksgiving dinner. All the men in my family, my aunt, cousins, sisters and I went to Santa Clarita to a park where the men would play against each other. It’s a tradition to go each year to the same park. It started off great, but unfortunate one of my uncles close friend got injured during a play. We had to call 911, he twisted his ankle. The paramedic had to cut his shoe off his foot, that’s how bad his ankle was. It was a horrible year for our family tradition of some morning football. I hope next years thanksgiving morning will be a better one.  Later on Thanksgiving Day, my close friends were playing football at Balboa Lake Park. For the meanwhile my cousin Sandy, my two sisters Valerie and Erica and I decided to rent a cart to ride around the Balboa Lake Park. It was so much fun; meanwhile the boys were playing football we drove around the park. Thanksgiving overall was a blessing day for my family and I. I had a wonderful morning despite some of the bad injuries a family friend member had to go through. Afternoon at the Balboa Park was an awesome time and my highlight of my Thanksgiving was, being to spend a day with my whole family having a big dinner. I’m so bless to have a wonderful family and friends.
The men in my family were the ones with the White shirts. This was a private park in Santa Clarita.

My Cousin and I, being silly while the guys played football(:

Balboa Park(:

My two sisters in the back Valerie & Erica.

Balboa Lake Park, What a wonderful way to spend our Thanksgiving morning.

Friday, I spend my day with my partner, his brother & my sisters. We went hiking to a near by place by my house. It was a good time, being able to spend our Friday and the rest of our weekend together. I enjoy spending time with my partner and sisters because we sure do act like kids when were around our siblings. We hiked for an hour and went back to my house and had a movie night. Saturday and Sunday was a chill weekend with my partner, his brother and my sisters. We watched movies and had a sisters and brothers bonding weekend. I’m very blessed with wonderful people.
My partner loves to read. So therefore I had him reading to me.

My Partner Damion & I. What a wonderful hiking day.

3 comments:

  1. Carina, nice blog! It was nice knowing what you did for your Thanksgiving weekend. It looks like you had a lot of fun, wish I was invited to hang out with you guys Thanksgiving morning. sandy, is such an amazing friend i'm glad i have both you as my friends. Well your blog was very good, and it was nice having you in my class as well(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. carina- i really enjoyed reading your blog especially when you made that homeless mans day, i cant even begin to think how nice of you that was because at times it happens to me but they ask for money. i always give them at least a dollar i know god sees the good that we do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I like that you called your bf your "partner." You sound like me!

    ReplyDelete